In addition to the main Micro-Manager manual, we maintain here documentation for those aspects of Micro-Manager that are still in flux and/or rapidly changing.
- Autofocus configuration
- Scripting in Micro-Manager
- Script Panel GUI - Introduction to the Script Panel GUI
- gui object - Documentation of the GUI scripting object
- mmc object - Documentation of the mmc Micro-Manager core object
- acq object - Documentation on the Multi-Dimensional Acquisition object
- example Beanshell scripts - A few example scripts with minimal annotation
- Matlab and Micro-Manager
- Python and Micro-Manager
- Communicating through serial ports using a terminal application
- Windows - Configuring HyperTerminal
- Useful terminal applications for Windows and Mac
- Coordinates and Directionality in Micro-Manager
- User contributed adapters and notes
Some of the Micro-Manager users have written adapters that have not (yet) been incorporated into the Micro-Manager distribution. We’ll keep information on these adapters right here.
- Firewire camera/LED synchronization - A Micro-Manager plugin by Alex Hodge synchronizing multi-color LED illumination with a Firewire camera
- RatiometricImaging_main.bsh - Beanshell for ratiometric Imaging (J. Husson).
- RatiometricImaging_singleImage.bsh -
Beanshell for ratiometric Imaging.
Takes only one image, can be useful as a control before starting a whole acquisition with main beanshell above (J. Husson).
Beanshell script for acquiring stacks in 3 different channels and at 4 different fields of view. Contributed by Saumya Saurabh
Building and Coding Micro-Manager (for developers)
- Building Boost on MacOS X
- Full Build on MacOS X Leopard - How to install and build Micromanager 1.2 and dependencies (tested on MacOS X 10.5.2)
- Building Universal Binaries on Mac OS X
- Configuration options - Build options on Mac OS X and Linux
- Building ACE on the Mac - How to build ACE on the Mac (only for MicroManager versions before 1.3.42)
- Linux installation from source (Ubuntu)
- Building Firewire camera support on Linux
- Building MM on Windows - Different environments and options
- Compiling MM and creating deb files on 64-bit Ubuntu - A log of things I needed to do to build 64-bit version of MM.
- Using Eclipse - How to configure Eclipse to compile and debug the Micro-Manager GUI.
- Using Netbeans - How to configure Netbeans to compile and debug the Micro-Manager GUI.
- Debugging MM on MacOSX and Unix - How to use gdb or Netbeans to debug the Micro-Manager C++ core.
- Micro-Manager Coding Style and Conventions
- Writing plugins for Micro-Manager
- Tools useful for Device Adapter Developers
- Papers citing and/or acknowledging the use of Micro-Manager
- Papers citing Micro-Manager - Add your own paper to the list!