XIMEA Camera adapter
Controls XIMEA cameras (and some Olympus Soft Imaging cameras)
XIMEA FireWire, USB2 and USB3 cameras. Can also be used for XM-10 and XC-10 cameras from Olympus Soft Imaging.
Supported MM version:
- Download and install the XIMEA API Software package, during install API and Drivers section must be selected
(if you have previous installations of drivers for the XM-10 or XC-10 you might need to manually update the driver to the version in the installed API Package)
- Copy XIMEA\API\x64\m3apiX64.dll (just take xiapi64.dll and rename it to m3apiX64.dll)from the installed XIMEA API Software Package to the μManager root folder.
- Connect the camera to the computer
Create hardware configuration for the camera:
- After starting Micro-Manager, open the Tools menu, continue to Hardware Configuration Wizard…
- In the “Select the configuration file” window select existing file where the camera should be added or create new file by clicking Next
- In the “Add or remove devices” window click on Add
- In the “Add device” window select ximea, and pick the device. When requrested “Please type in the new device name” click OK, the camera serial number will be used as device name, click Done.
- After returning to the “Add or remove devices” window click on Next.
- In the “Edit pre-initialisation settings” window click on Next
- In the “Setup Serial ports” window click on Next.
- In the “The following peripherals have been discovered” window click on Next.
- In the “Edit peripheral device pre-initialization settings” window click on Next.
- In the “Select default devices” window choose the added camera as default camera, click on Next.
- In the “Set delays for devices without synchronisation capabilities” window click on Next.
- In the “Select devices to synchronize with image acquisition” window click on Next.
- In the “Define position labels for state devices” window click on Next.
- In the “Save configuration” window click “Finish”.
You can now use the camera in Micro-Manager.
To edit camera properties open the “Tools” menu and select “Device/Property Browser”. The following camera settings are available:
- CameraID : Camera serial number.
- CameraName : Camera model name.
- Binning : Set camera binning. Can be also set from Micro-Manager GUI.
- Bad pixel correction : Enable correction of bad pixels.
- Auto exposure/gain : Enable/disable automatic exposure/gain.
- AEAG Exposure limit : Maximum limit of exposure in AEAG procedure.
- AEAG Exposure priority : Exposure priority during AEAG (default 0.5 - exposure 50%, gain 50%).
- AEAG Gain limit : Maximum limit of gain in AEAG procedure.
- AEAG Intensity level : Average intensity of output signal AEAG should achieve(in %).
- Data format : Output image format
- Description : Camera interface type.
- GPI port 1-4 : Set camera inputs.
- GPO port 1-4 : Set camera outputs.
- Gain : Set camera gain.
- High Dynamic Range : Enable HDR image capture. Currently in Alpha implementation stage.
- High Dynamic Range ratio : High Dynamic Range ratio (long exposure time / short exposure time, total exposure time = short + long). Currently in Alpha implementation stage.
- TimeoutMs : Set acquisition timeout in milliseconds.
- Trigger mode : Set trigger signal type.
- Sensor Taps : Set number of sensor taps for data readout.
- TransposeCorrection : Not supported.
- TransposeMirrorX : Not supported.
- TransposeMirrorY : Not supported.
- TransposeXY : Not supported.
These parameters are available only for cooled cameras:
- Cooling : Enable/disable camera cooling.
- Cooling - Chip temperature : Camera chip temperature.
- Cooling - Housing temperature : Camera housing temperature.
- Cooling - Target temperature : Chip target temperature for cooling, used when cooling is active.
Colour correction parameters
These parameters are available only for color cameras:
- Coolor corr. matrix : Set colour correction matrix for RGB32 image format.
- White ballance blue : Set white balance blue coefficient.
- White ballance green : Set white balance green coefficient.
- White ballance red : Set white balance red coefficient.
- Gamma C : Set chromaticity gamma.
- Gamma Y : Set luminosity gamma.
- Sharpness : Set image sharpness Strenght.
For contacting XIMEA product support regarding any questions or issues, visit online support.