Things we’d like to do for 2.0 that aren’t considered to be blockers.
- Implement data processing pipeline.
- Move comments out of image metadata and into separate file.
- Have a comments history, with modifications tacking a new (timestamped) entry onto the comments rather than replacing the existing content (a.k.a. history is immutable)
- Remove MMAcquisition objects
- Split up “compat” layer into sub-categories, and move those new
sub-categories into new objects
- Stage control (+position list dialog)
- GUI (refreshGUI, snapSingleImage, more?)
- Hardware config
- Config groups
- Expose classes/interfaces in the API:
- MMFrame and MMDialog
- Various utilities (NumberUtils, JavaUtils, others?)
- These should be exposed as new top-level “manager” types (e.g. “mm.numbers().foo()” instead of “NumberUtils.foo()”)
- Add colorblind-friendly section to the color picker (c.f. this article)
- Replace MMException/MMScriptException with more descriptive (and non-custom) exceptions
- Have instant feedback when a new display window is created, even if there’s no images to display yet. Possibly optional? Important for MDA display where there can be a lengthy delay before any images actually arrive.
- Show pixel info display in both pixels and microns?
- Add “zoom image to fit window” option and option for smoothly
scaling images (i.e. not using ImageJ quantized zoom)
- Should have a menu to select zoom level, turn on/off “snap zoom” (a.k.a. ImageJ zoom), etc.
- Allow establishing display links by dragging the link icon to other windows
- Be able to tag any MM window as being always-on-top (e.g. for stage control, device properties, main window, some specific plugin…)
- Allow users to customize night/day colors
- Easy keyboard shortcut for the “Copy to System” command (ImageJ’s default copy shortcut is an ImageJ-specific concept that doesn’t play nicely with e.g. Photoshop)
- Add multiple look-and-feel options including a nighttime option that has dark buttons, table headers, etc.
- Beanshell script to generate Z-projections of a dataset
- Method for extracting specific fields from image metadata and outputting to a file (CSV, log, etc.).
- Fix up PixelCalibrator?
- MetadataPanel should show any property that has at any point in history (for this dataset) changed, not just changes from one image to the next
- MetadataPanel should allow you to specifically select properties that should always be shown
- Reduce size of hidden histograms?