Lumen Dynamics XCite Adapter
|Summary:||Adapter for the Lumen Dynamics X-Cite® Light Sources|
|Author:||Mission Bay Imaging (on contract from Lumen Dynamics Group)|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac OS X and Linux|
|Devices:||X-Cite® 120PC, 120PC Q and X-Cite® exacte|
|Example Config File:|
The Lumen Dynamics X-Cite® 120PC and exacte are computer controlled, remotely positioned (liquid light guide) light sources for UV/Visible microscopy applications.
The X-Cite® 120PC Q microscope light source provides rich spectral fluorescence excitation with a uniformly illuminated field of view, the convenience of pre-aligned lamps, 2000 hour lamp lifetime along with a computer controlled shutter and adjustable iris.
The X-Cite® exacte microscope light source employs a DC-powered mercury lamp coupled with Closed-Loop Feedback technology to provide stable fluorescence illumination, for imaging protocols lasting from milliseconds to days. With the X-Cite® Radiometer or X-Cite® Optical Power Measurement System, light output can also be calibrated in absolute power units (watts), ensuring truly repeatable fluorescence illumination for imaging experiments.
Add the appropriate X-Cite device via the Hardware Configuration Manager
Set serial port timeout to 2000ms
Serial port settings:
- BaudRate 9600
- Delay 0
- Handshaking Off
- Parity None
When using the Exacte with a Mac download the FTDI drivers for the USB-Serial adapter here
On windows, ensure that you have installed both the USB and virtual COM port drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel on your computer.
- Double click the “System” icon. If you do not see the “System” icon, change your view to Classic View
- Select the “Hardware” tab.
- Click the “Device Manager” button.
- With the X-Cite exacte plugged into your USB port and turned on…
- Verify in the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” section that you see the “X-Cite exacte” listed without a question mark on the icon to its left.
- Verify in the “Ports (COM & LPT)” section that you see the “X-Cite exacte” listed without a question mark on the icon to its left.
- If either device has a question mark on the icon, insert your X-Cite exacte CD.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges, right click on the device and select “Update Driver…”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
For questions or issues related to Micro-Manager and this adapter please check the Micro-Manager listserv:
For X-Cite® device support please contact Lumen Dynamics: Email: Techsupport@LDGI.com Ph: +1 800 668-8752 (USA and Canada)
For bug reports please contact: Mission Bay Imaging
--Jbutler mb 22:11, 31 January 2011 (UTC)