|Summary:||Interfaces with The Imaging Source Cameras|
|Platforms:||Windows and Linux (No Mac driver available)|
|Available since version||1.3.46|
Snap error "Camera is not initialized"
Once you go through the Hardware configuration wizard and successfully create a configuration file using the TIS camera, you may encounter the problem that µManager reports "Camera is not initialized" when you press the "Snap" button. When that happens, go to the Device/Property Browser (under the Tools menu), select "Click here for device selection dialog" next to the "Name" property, and then select the camera on the dialog that appears. Restart µManager if necessary, and hopefully the camera now works.
Installation on Micro-Manager 1.4.14 and earlier
- Install the IC Capture software that comes with the camera and verify you can capture images. This will install a camera device driver, which the rest of the software uses to control the camera. You might need to first uninstall any old versions of this software. (You can download IC Capture and/or device drivers from TIS).
- Install the IC Imaging Control SDK, version 3.2 (download from TIS). Micro-Manager 1.4.14 and current nightly builds (as of Aug, 2013) require version 3.2.
- During the installation, make sure to explicitly check "Visual C++ 2008" when you are presented with a page to select the components to install.
- Copy the following files, found in either <your home folder>\Documents\IC Imaging Control\3.2\classlib\win32\release or <your home folder>\Documents\IC Imaging Control\3.2\classlib\x64\release, to the Micro-Manager-1.4 folder. The following names are hard-coded, and if you have anything with a different name, it is not going to work (renaming a different DLL to match will not work, either, of course).
- If you are using 32-bit Micro-Manager (even if Windows is 64-bit): TIS_UDSHL09_vc9.dll (which in turn requires TIS_DShowLib09.dll)
- If you are using 64-bit Micro-Manager: TIS_UDSHL09_vc9_x64.dll (which in turn requires TIS_DShowLib09_x64.dll)