Vortran Stradus Laser Controller
|Summary:||Vortran Stradus Laser Controller|
|Platforms:||All platforms (uses serial port)|
|Devices:||Vortran Stradus Laser|
|Default serial port settings:||
The Vortran Stradus Laser Controller controls Stradus diode lasers via a serial interface.
The following laser features and operating status may be controlled and/or monitored:
- Analog Modulation (External Power Control) ON/OFF [EPC = 1 or 0]
- Base-Plate Temperature [?BPT]
- Laser Diode Current [?LC]
- Digital Modulation ON/OFF [PUL = 1 or 0]
- Digital Peak Power [PP = ###]
- Digital Peak Power Setting [?PP]
- Fault Code [?FC]
- Firmware Version [?FV]
- Operating Hours [?LH]
- Interlock Status [?IL]
- Laser Emission ON/OFF [LE = 1 or 0]
- Laser ID (Serial Number, Part Number, Nom. Wavelength, Nom. Power, Circular or Elliptical Beam [?LI]
- Operating Condition (Fault Description) [?FD]
- Laser Diode Power [LP = ###]
- Laser Diode Power Setting [?LPS]
The cause for this is the laser's default 5 second delay between initiating laser emission with a serial command and the actual turn-on of laser emission. If using the Device/Property Browser, simply click the "Refresh" button. For a long term solution the delay may be disabled. To disable the delay, use a terminal program and type “delay=0” followed by Enter at the Stradus prompt. This setting will be remembered by the laser until changed.
Switching power off and on or turning laser emission ON within the Micro-Manager Device/Property Manager will restore laser emission.
Below is a screenshot of a properly configured Stradus Laser:
The Stradus GUI software, shown below, which is included on the software CD shipped with Stradus lasers may be helpful for initial configuration and testing of lasers in a Micro-Manager controlled system.
Questions regarding the Stradus Micro-Manager device driver may be directed to: Vortran uManager Driver Support